I have been nominated by both Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog, and Johana @ Book Marauder for the Sunshine Blogger Award. So rather than 2 separate posts, I will be answering a mixture of the 2 sets of questions they have given me. Thank you both so much for nominating me!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Emer and Johana
1 – What is your favourite season, and why?
Autumn (fall), because SWEATER WEATHER! It’s the season of comfy clothes, blankets, and Halloween, plus the colours are just so beautiful at this time of the year. What more could you ask for?
2 – Pineapple on pizza; acceptable or anathema?
This is always a complicated one for me, because I don’t actually eat pineapple on pizza, BUT I love picking the pineapple off and eating it separately, because it has all of the pizza flavour in it. So, I’m not completely against it!
3 – If you could have tea with you favourite author, who would it be? And what would you first question be?
Justin Somper, and my first question would probably be “do you plan on writing any more Vampirates books?”
4 – You have invented a time travel machine but can only use it for a single journey. Would you rather travel to the future or to the past? Explain your answer.
This is such a hard one! It would be so interesting to see what the future holds, but there are also so many points in history that I would love to have seen and experienced… I think I would have to choose the past, as I would prefer to leave the future unknown.
5 – Your favourite blog post?
I’m assuming we’re talking about my favourite blog post that I have made myself? Probably my review of What She Found In The Woods by Josephine Angelini.
6 – Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket kept on or off?
Always with the dust jacket off. I find that if I keep them on, they slip down as I read, and it’s super easy for them to get damaged. I also find that they get in the way, and it’s easier to hold the book without it on.
7 – One unique and strange fact about yourself?
I wouldn’t say it is strange, but a unique fact about me is that I am a blackbelt in Karate. I got it when I was only 9 years old, which made me the youngest person in the country (England) to get my blackbelt. I’m not sure if there has been anyone younger since, or whether I still hold that record though.
8 – What is your favourite song right now?
For Island Fires and Families by Dermot Kennedy.
If you’ve never listened to his music, I highly recommend it!
9 – How do you organised your bookshelves/kindle?
I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t actually have a set organisation. Purely because I am running out of space, and have started putting books wherever I can find space. As for my Kindle, there is absolutely no organisation at all.
10 – Have you any other hobbies besides reading?
My main hobby other than reading is art. I draw a lot, mainly portraits, which you can find here: Instagram
11 – You are having a fancy dinner party and can invite three fictional bookish characters. Who are the three?
It is so hard to choose just 3, but I will go with:
– Lorcan Furey (The Vampirates series)
– Eddie Flynn (Steve Cavanagh’s Eddie Flynn series)
– Ellen (Why Mummy series)
- Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
- Laura @ CutlooseBookloose
- Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out
- Blair @ Feed The Crime
- Katrina @ Katrina Reads
- Kitty Marie @ Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner
- Steph @ Bookslovereaders
- Kappa @ Kappa Reads
- Lisa @ OwlBeSatReading
- Kate @ Book Lover Kate
- Alys @ Alys In Bookland
- Writing notes in books, yes or no?
- What is your favourite book you have read that is out of your usual comfort zone?
- Apart from reading, what are your favourite things to do in your spare time?
- Do you have an auto-buy authors?
- What is your favourite work of art?
- Which do you prefer to read: hardback, paperback, or e-book? explain your answer.
- If you could invite any 3 people (dead or alive, real or fictional) to a dinner party, who would you choose?
- You can only read one book series for the rest of your life, which do you choose, and why?
- Dog-eared pages, yes or no?
- Favourite book from your childhood?
- What is your most treasured book you own?