For today’s post, I am doing the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was nominated by the lovely Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog. Thank you so much for nominating me, I truly appreciate it!
If you don’t already, go give Emer’s blog a follow!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Emer:
1 – Have you any bookish pet peeves?
I actually have quite a few… I even made a post about my top 5! Read it here.
2 – What was your dream job as a little kid?
I went through a few, but the one that was always at the top of my list is still my dream job… I have always wanted to be a successful artist! For a while though, I really wanted to be a chef, which is hilarious when I look back now, because I’m really not a good cook!
3 – What is your favourite genre of film to watch?
I love a good horror movie, but my fiancé isn’t a huge fan, so I don’t get to watch them often. I also really enjoy war films.
4 – How do you feel about roller coasters?
I absolutely love roller coasters! But, it has been quite a while since I last went on one, and since having my daughter, I get really bad motion sickness, so I’m not entirely sure how I would feel on one nowadays.
5 – What is your favourite colour?
Is it cliché to say black? because definitely black. But otherwise I would say a very deep red.
6 – What was/is your favourite subject at school?
My favourite subject at school was always art. I basically lived in the art rooms, even when I didn’t actually have an art lesson. It was kind of my safe haven while I was at school.
7 – How would you describe your fashion sense?
ALL BLACK EVERYTHING
8 – Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Favourite actress: Helena Bonham-Carter
Favourite actor: Johnny Depp
9 – What are the three personality traits/characteristics that you think are most important in a good friend?
They have to be trustworthy, there’s no point being friends with someone that you don’t trust.
They must be honest, I don’t want a friend who will tell me what they think I want to hear, sometimes you need to hear the truth, and I really think that a friend is the best person to do that.
They must be understanding. There are a few people who I used to class as friends, but are no longer part of my life, because they still had that high school mindset that if I didn’t see or speak to them all the time, I wasn’t being a good friend. They didn’t see to understand that life gets in the way, especially now that I have a child, and that I didn’t have time to see or speak to them all the time anymore.
10 – How many books did you read in 2019?
51. My goal was 50, so I am pretty happy with that! I’m hoping to read the same, if not more this year.
11 – What is your favourite feel-good song?
Power Over Me by Dermot Kennedy! No matter how I am feeling, this song always gets me singing and dancing. It is also my 2 year old daughters favourite song, and she sings it all the time!
- The Book Dutchesses
- Fi’s Bibliofiles
- Lala’s Book Reviews
- Allisa White’s Book Blog
- Papertea & Bookflowers
- Mithah Reads
- The Book Lovers’ Sanctuary
- eleanor sophie
- Who is your favourite artist? and what is your favourite piece of art?
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite?
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be? and why?
- What is a book or series that you feel is overrated?
- What is your current favourite song?
- What do you find to be the hardest aspect of blogging?
- What is your favourite TV/movie adaptation?
- What activity is top of your bucketlist?
- If you could choose 5 fictional characters to invite to a dinner party, who would you choose?
- Name 5 books which you think everyone should read in their lifetime.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go first? and why?