Today I am doing the Mystery Blogger Award! I was nominated for this award by the lovely Ellie @ Read to Ramble. Thank you so much for nominating me, I really appreciate it! If you haven’t already, go check out Ellie’s blog, you’ll love her!
The award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I spent 3 years living in London for University, and I absolutely loved it.
- I am getting married in just over a month! (currently extremely excited, but also extremely stressed out)
- Other than books, my main passion in life is art, which is what I studied at university.
My Favourite Post
I have a few favourites…
Questions from Ellie
1 – What would you say is your go-to hobby/craft aside from reading? What makes you love it so much and go back to it every time when you could just be chilling on the sofa in front of the TV?
Art/drawing. It has always been the thing I love to do most, ever since I was a child. I love being creative, and sitting in front of the TV is certainly not creative.
2 – Which book got you into reading? Was there a specific time/book in your life that started the book love for you, or was it just something that happened naturally in your childhood/adulthood?
I have always been a passionate reader, probably because my parents are, and they always read to me as a child. Although my love for reading happened naturally, the books that really got me in to reading the most are the Vampirates series by Justin Somper.
3 – Tell me about a book that although you maybe didn’t like it or rate it very high, it sticks with you today and you can’t help but rant about it? And why?
Alice in Wonderland. I can’t help but rant about it, purely because I don’t understand why so many people love it so much!
4 – How do you pick which book you want to read next? Are you a mood reader or do you religiously stick to your monthly/yearly TBRs?
I always make a monthly TBR, and review request and ARCs take priority on the list. I do try to stick to my TBR every month, but sometimes I can’t help myself, and pick up something different.
5 – Finally, talk to me about a book that changed your life/ the way you think/ the way you see yourself and others/ or just that really helped you out when you were stuck in a rut? What does this book mean to you? Pitch it to me as if it was the best book on earth!
This is such a hard question. I genuinely don’t think there is a book that I would say has changed my life, or anything similar (I guess it doesn’t help that my favourite genres are thriller and horror).
- A Little Haze Book Blog
- Geeky Galaxy
- Anna’s Book Nook
- Lala’s Book Reviews
- Mani’s Book Corner
- Becky’s Book Blog
- Sarah Kaye
- And On She Reads
- Who is your favourite artist? and what is your favourite piece of art?
- If you could invite any 3 people (dead or alive, real or fictional) to a dinner party, who would you choose? and why?
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be? and why?
- Are there any books/series which you think are overrated?
- Which books would you love to see a TV or movie adaptation for?