Today I am doing the Mystery Blogger Award! I was nominated for this award 3 times recently, and have decided to merge them all in to one big post (hence why this is part 3, 4 and 5)! I was nominated by Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog, Kerri @ Kerri McBookNerd, and Hannah @ Words of Hannah Kay. Thank you all so much for nominating me, I really appreciate it! If you don’t already, go follow their lovely blogs, you will love them!
What is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
I may have mentioned these in my other Mystery Blogger Award posts, but I’m not sure…
- I am a blackbelt in karate. I started karate at the age of 6, and got my blackbelt at the age of 9 (3 years is extremely quick, and most people take a few years longer than that). I was the youngest person in the country to get my blackbelt. I may still hold the record for that, but I’m not entirely sure.
- I am absolutely terrified of clowns. However, I have been trying to overcoming that fear recently, by facing it head on! I started by reading Stephen King’s IT, then I decided to draw Pennywise, watch the original film and part 1 of the new films, and I stepped it up a level by agreeing to see part 2 in the cinema with my fiancé. I have to say, it has helped, but I’m still terrified!
- Art is my biggest passion in life, and my biggest inspiration is Vincent Van Gogh. Ever since I can remember, the 2 things I have loved to do most are drawing and reading.
My Favourite Post
I have a few favourites…
1 – If you could meet any author living or dead, who would it be?
Oh this is a hard one, because there’s a few I want to choose! I’ll pick a top 3… Charles Dickens, James Herbert, and Stephen King.
2 – What is your favourite book cover ever?
Another difficult one. THERE ARE SO MANY! But, I really love the cover (and slipcase) of the Folio Society edition of Letters of Vincent Van Gogh.
3 – What is your favourite paranormal/mythical creature to read about?
Your typical evil spirits are always enjoyable to read about! Something so powerful, but unseen. The subject of spirits has always fascinated me.
4 – What would your perfect day consist of you doing?
Probably a family day out to some art galleries and museums, and then a meal at a nice restaurant together. Something like that anyway.
5 – Team Dogs or Team Cats?
The hardest question ever… I love both! I have both! I can’t choose!
1 – What is your favourite thing about being a book blogger?
The book community. I know I say it a lot, but this community really is amazing! Everyone is so kind, and so supportive, and I’ve made some great friends!
2 – What are your criteria for DNFing a book? Or do you DNF at all?
I absolutely hate DNF’ing, but I have started doing it recently. If I’m really not enjoying a book, and can’t get in to it at all, then I will DNF.
3 – What book world (non-contemporary) do you think you would thrive in?
Oh, interesting question!
I really think I would thrive on an adventure with Bilbo Baggins… or at least I hope I would!
We all know that I would be living my best life at Hogwarts too.
4 – What are three of your favourite tropes/themes in books?
As I mainly read thrillers, mine are…
- Unreliable narrators
- ALL THE TWISTS
- Multiple perspectives
5 – If you had one magical wish and could make any aspect of being a blogger easier, what would it be?
I would wish to not compare my blog to others, because I often think about how amazing other blogs are, and really start doubting my own content.
1 – Were you inspired by anyone to start a blog? This can be anyone from family and friends, other bloggers and even YouTubers!
Not necessarily inspired, but I wanted to be part of the book community more, and from what I had seen of others, I thought that starting my blog would be the best way to do that!
2 – Recommend 5 underrated books that you think deserve more love, recognition and more people to read them.
I will link the books to my reviews, so you can check them out:
- From Inside The House by WD Jackson Smart (Honestly, I’m never going to stop going on about how much I loved this book)
- The Photographer of the Lost by Caroline Scott
- Hold Your Tongue by Deborah Masson
- Take It Back by Kia Abdullah
- The Immortal Prudence Blackwood by Stephanie Grey
3 – If you could learn 1 language fluently overnight, which language would you choose?
Oh, I want to learn so many languages! But probably either Italian, or Japanese.
4 – What is your favourite and least favourite genre to read? And why?
Favourite: either horror or thriller. I love the suspense and excitement.
Least favourite: probably romance. It just isn’t my sort of thing.
- Words About Words
- Reading At Teatime
- Read To Ramble
- And On She Reads
- The Artsy Reader
- Lala’s Book Reviews
- Reader Gal
- Mithah Reads
My Questions for Those I Have Tagged:
- If you had to choose between reading ONLY your favourite book/series for the rest of your life, and being allowed to read anything EXCEPT your favourite book/series for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- You can bring one author back from the dead to write a new book, who would you choose? and why?
- What is your all time favourite piece of art?
- Other than reading, what are your main hobbies?
- What are your top 5 bookish pet peeves?