Today I will be doing the Quarantine Book Tag, which I saw over on Words About Words, who are also the original creators of this tag!
- Pingback to the creators, @WordsAboutWords , so they can see all your answers.
- Tag the person you found this from.
- Don’t stress and have fun! (& also stay safe!)
1. Favourite reading spot at home?
The left corner of the sofa, with my feet up, and a blanket.
2. An unread book in your physical TBR?
Oh, there are so many! But, the one I am most looking forward to reading is Domain by James Herbert.
3. A book you’ve actually read from your physical TBR pile?
I’ve actually just finished a book from my physical TBR! Our Bloody Pearl by D.N. Bryn.
4. Next book release you’re hyped for?
Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh! I have been hyped for this for so long, and I have been lucky enough to receive an arc copy from NetGalley, which I will be reading ASAP!
5. Favourite bookish world to escape to?
I bet you all knew this would be my answer, but it has to be the Wizarding World! GET ME TO HOGWARTS!
6. A bookish world you would NOT want to visit?
I don’t know if this counts because the settings are all real places, but anywhere from James Herbert’s The Rats series!
I will never feel safe on the underground ever again.
7. Favourite author to follow on Twitter?
Deborah Masson (author of Hold Your Tongue)
Sally Harris (author of Haverscroft)
This one is not an author, but Tracy Mearns, who is Steve Cavanagh’s wife, and is also very involved with his writing, editing, and publishing process.
8. A bookish craft you’d like to try?
The whole sprayed edges thing! I’m just terrified that I will mess it up and ruin a book.
9. Something you’d like to practice/get better at?
Yoga. I have recently started, and I think I’m doing quite well so far, but I really want to get better!
10. How many times has your reading been interrupted by a family member/living mate?
TOO BLOODY MANY.
11. Have you bought a book since you’ve been in quarantine? Which & from where? [No? Well, there’s still time…]
I actually don’t think I have, mainly because I am trying to use this time to get through my backlog of review requests and arcs, and also trying to make a dent in my TBR. But, I have received a few from my Amazon wishlist, thanks to some lovely Twitter friends!
12. What TV shows/movies have you binged watched?
Lots of Disney films (thanks to our 2 year old daughter)
Gordon, Gino, and Fred’s American Road Trip
and we have started Gangs of London, Elite, and The Crown
13. What other media are you consuming?
We’ve been listening to a lot of music, and we’ve both become addicted to a game on our phones called Golf Battle, which we have been playing against each other.
14. Favourite song to wash your hands to?
I haven’t been listening to songs to wash my hands, so I will just choose a current favourite song of mine…
Rome by Dermot Kennedy