For today’s post, I am doing the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was nominated by the lovely Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog. Thank you so much for nominating me, I truly appreciate it!
If you don’t already, go give Becky’s blog a follow!
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Becky:
1 – What is your favourite format to read? Hardback, Paperback, E-Book, Audio Book?
My favourite to read is hardback, but because they are more difficult to carry around, and more expensive, I tend to buy more paperbacks. I definitely choose physical over digital, and I personally can’t get in to audio books.
2 – What is the blog post you are most proud of?
Can I choose a series? Because I am most proud of my ‘My Top 5: Eco-Friendly Alternatives‘ series.
- Eco-Friendly Alternatives To Every Day Bathroom Objects
- Eco-Friendly Alternatives To Every Day Kitchen Objects
- Eco-Friendly Alternatives To Every Day Health And Beauty Objects
3 – How long have you been blogging for and why did you decide to start it?
I’ve been blogging for just over a year (April 2019), and I decided to start a blog because I was already active in the book community (on Bookstagram and Twitter), but I wanted to have somewhere where I could connect with people better, share my opinions and my reviews.
4 – If you could visit one fictional world, where would it be and why?
The Wizarding World! It has been a huge part of my life for almost my entire life, and it would be so beautiful and magical.
5 – Which 5 authors would you invite round for Tea (Dead or Alive)?
James Herbert, Stephen King, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, and J.R.R. Tolkien
6 – What Mythical animal would you choose as a sidekick?
7 – What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
I have absolutely no idea…
Blog related would have to be: Post what makes you happy. When writing reviews, be honest about what you think. Don’t worry about what others think or about how many views you have. Your blog is for you.
8 – Do you get Book Boxes? What is your favourite bookish merch item to get?
I don’t get book boxes. My favourite bookish merch is probably bookmarks, candles, and Funko Pop! figures.
9 – Favourite book quote?
This is a tough one, there are so many to choose from! So instead, I am going to share my favourite quote (which is actually a Dumbledore quote in Prisoner of Azkaban, but it was only in the movie, and not the book):
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
10 – If you could spend one day as a character in a book who would you choose and why?
Oh, another tough one! Considering I mainly read thrillers and horrors, I wouldn’t really want to be any of those characters, haha! So, I will go with Cutlass Cate from the Vampirates series, because she has such a cool life!
11 – Five of your favourite bloggers?
- Becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
- Ellie @ Read To Ramble
- Ellie @ eleanorsophiewrites
- Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog
- Roelien @ lovexreading
- Read To Ramble
- A Little Haze Book Blog
- Behind The Sentence
- Curvy Constellation
- Papertea & Bookflowers
- Bookends and Bagends
- The Book Dutchesses
- Who is your favourite artist? and what is your favourite piece of art?
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite?
- Do you prefer movie adaptations, or TV series adaptations?
- What do you find to be the hardest aspect of blogging?
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- Series or standalone?
- Other than reading and blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- What is a book or series that you feel is overrated?
- Who are your top 5 favourite authors?