Here’s a quick recap for anyone who doesn’t know about the challenge…
- Pick a novel for each of the 22 TBR prompts. If that’s too much for you, it’s OK to go for less. However…
- Those who finish all 22 prompts and post their reviews on their blogs/vlogs have a chance to win a book of their choice as a reward! (International, as long as Book Depository ships to your country)
- You can’t start reading those books before January 1st!
- Follow the creators Twitter account as she will create a blog hopping sheet (when the challenge begins) where you can leave your links. Also, to make it easier for her to keep up, please use #2020TBRReadingChallenge tag.
- Thank the person that tagged you
- Tag the original challenge page (this one)
- Tag at least 5 people
The 2020 TBR Reading Challenge Checklist:
Here is a list of the books I chose for the checklist:
- Fifty Fifty – Steve Cavanagh
- The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
- Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
- Domain – James Herbert
- A Room With a View – E.M. Forster
- The Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank
- Haunted – James Herbert
- Frankenstein – Mary Shelley
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman
- True History of the Kelly Gang – Peter Carey
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding
- Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi
- Helter Skelter – Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry
- Carrie – Stephen King
- The Secret of Crickley Hall – James Herbert
- The Demons Beneath – WD Jackson Smart
- Searching for Edgar’s Five Dancers – Efren O’Brien
- The Doll House – Phoebe Morgan
- Why Mummy trilogy – Gill Sims
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
- Cilka’s Journey – Heather Morris
- The Hobbit – J.R.R Tolkien
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
Okay, so the last time I did an update for this challenge (Update 1) was back in March. I was doing absolutely awfully, and had only read one book, and technically I didn’t even read it, because I DNF’ed it at around 55%.
Since then, I have managed to tick a few more off the list! I have had a lot of arcs/requests/blog tours to focus on, but I’ve been trying to fit books from my list in whenever I can.
From my list, I have now read:
- Searching For Edgar’s Five Dancers by Efren O’Brien (This is the book I DNF’ed) – REVIEW
- Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh – REVIEW
- Lord of the Flies – Review to come
- Domain by James Herbert – REVIEW
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – Review to come
As you can see, I still have a lot more to get through, but I don’t have many arcs/requests to get through, and then I can focus on this a bit more.
Are you taking part in any reading challenges this year?
Have you read any of the books I have chosen?
let me know in the comments!