- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Questions From Anna:
1 – What is your favorite series that you’ve read this year?
I’ve read a few books that are parts of a series or that are going to become series, but I haven’t actually read a whole series this year…
But, I will choose the Rats series by James Herbert. I read the final book of the series this year, and it has become one of my favourite series that I’ve ever read.
2 – Which author have you read the most books by?
Honestly, I don’t want to say the honest answer, because I read all of her books before she revealed her true self (I think we all know who I mean, and I certainly won’t be reading anything by her ever again), so I will go for the 2nd author I have read the most books by, which is Justin Somper. Thankfully, he is a genuinely nice guy, and totally unproblematic!
3 – If you could trade places with one character and live their life, who would you choose?
Oh good question, I’m not entirely sure! I’ll go with Aleja from The Ship of Shadows, because the ship sounds like it would be so much fun to live on, and who wouldn’t want to live at sea?
4 – Do you have an auto-buy author? Who?
Caroline Scott, Steve Cavanagh, WD Jackson-Smart, Deborah Masson, and Kia Abdullah, because they are all fantastic!
5 – If you could live in a fictional book world, which would you pick?
Probably Rivendell from The Lord of the Rings.
6 – If Santa brought you the top 5 books on your list, what would they be?
Do I really have to try and pick a top 5? There are so many! Okay, I’ll try…
- the Taschen Bibliotheca Universalis hardback of Van Gogh – The Complete Paintings
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton – the new Folio Society edition
- Pompeii by Mary Beard – the Folio Society edition
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- Killing For Company by Brian Masters
7 – What is your favorite thing about the holiday season?
Spending quality time with my family! (Things will certainly feel very different this year)
8 – Do you have a favorite holiday read?
I actually don’t base my reading on the seasons, so no.
9 – Are you a real tree, a fake tree, or no tree person?
A fake tree, for a few reasons. Mainly because they make much less mess than a real tree, and they’re actually more eco friendly, because you can use the same one for years (my parents have had theirs for longer than I’ve been alive).
10 – What is your favorite book quote?
I hate this questions, because every time I’m asked, my mind goes completely blank… I don’t know!
11 – Your top 5 books of 2020?
I’m linking each title to my review of the book
- Keep Her Quiet by Emma Curtis
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
- When I Come Home Again by Caroline Scott
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Questions From Erika:
1 – If you had to pick one series or author to read on repeat forever, what / who would it be?
Oh this is hard! If I picked a series, it would be the Vampirates series by Justin Somper, and if I picked an author, it would probably be Steve Cavanagh.
2 – What snack or drink do you normally have when you’re reading?
I don’t snack while reading, and I don’t often drink while reading either, but I do enjoy the occasional ice cold beer while I read in the evenings.
3 – How many books have you read this year approximately?
50 so far!
4 – Do you have any tattoos, book related or not?
Nope. I’ve wanted tattoos for years, but I’m terrified of needles, and never plucked up enough courage to actually do it…
5 – If you could have any pet, what would it be?
The 3 I already have. I love my fur babies! But apart from them, if I could have ANY animal as a pet, I’d love to have a lion!
6 – How many unread books do you think you own?
Do I have to answer this? haha!
Last time I counted for the Clearing the Hoard – Bookwyrm Challenge, I had 372 unread books, I have certainly gained a few books since then, but I like to think that I have actually read more than I have acquired.
7 – If you could find out secret information about a fictional world, which would it be?
The supernatural world in Amari and the Night Brothers!
8 – What’s your favourite Christmas film?
Probably Home Alone, or Elf, but I recently watched The Christmas Chronicles for the first time, and it is definitely a strong contender for that number one spot!
9 – Kiss, Marry, Kill: Captain America, Thor, Iron-Man.
I haven’t really watched any of the Marvel movies with them in, so I don’t know…
10 – What did you dream of doing when you were little?
I always wanted to be a famous artist. That is still my dream, but I’m more realistic now, and I know it will never happen.
11 – Dance in the rain or sunbathe by the pool?
OH THIS IS TOO HARD! I love rain (not that fine drizzle shit, but a proper downpour), but I think I’m going to choose sunbathe by the pool!
- Read To Ramble
- Reader Gal
- LaLa’s Book Reviews
- Ellie Mai Blogs
- Mani’s Book Corner
- Shelves of Starlight
- Kerri McBookNerd
- eleanor sophie writes
- Stephen Writes
- Book Vagabond
My Questions To Them:
- Let’s start with some positivity. The year has been awful, but what has been your highlight/most positive moment of 2020?
- Have you set yourself any challenges for 2021?
- What is your favourite book to screen adaptation?
- I always ask this in these things, but what is your favourite famous work of art?
- What is your opinion on DNF’ing?
- We’ve all watched lots of TV this year, so what are your 3 top binge-worthy series you’ve watched in 2020?
- What are your biggest hopes for 2021?
- Who is your favourite musician? Why are they your favourites? and have you seen them live?
- Imagine you have your dream home library, describe it.
- What is your favourite book/series from your childhood?
- Is there a genre you would like to read more of?
Disclaimer: My posts often include affiliate links, which means that I receive a small commission for any purchase made through my links, but with no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting me and my blog.