For today’s post, I am doing the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was nominated by the lovely Kerri @ Kerri McBookNerd to do this. Thank you so much for nominating me, I truly appreciate it!
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Kerri:
1 – What were your top two reads of 2021?
I read so many great books in 2021, but my top two have to be Watch Her Fall by Erin Kelly, and Lies Like Wildfire by Jennifer Lynn Alvarez.
2 – What is a genre you would like to explore more in 2022?
Over the past year, I have actually broadened my reading quite a lot, which I’m super happy about. True Crime is definitely a genre I want to explore a lot more, despite the fact that it has always been a genre I’m interested in. There are so many fantastic true crime books out there, and I want to read them all!
3 – What is your favorite bookish item besides, of course, books?
I would have to say bookmarks, as someone who makes/sells bookmarks it would be really wrong of me not to, haha! You can find my Etsy store HERE, and below are some of the designs I have available.
4 – Do you have a blogging schedule or do you wing it as you go?
I have a blogging schedule! I find it the easiest way to keep track of things, and also the best way to make sure I’m actually putting out content consistently. So I do Music Mondays, Tuesdays are usually for tags or reviews, WWW Wednesdays, Thursdays are review days, First Lines Fridays, Saturdays are for My Top 5 or reviews, and Sundays are NetGalley Check In days.
5 – What is one of your favorite posts that you’ve ever written? Share a link!
Oh this is a tough question! I would probably say my My Top 5: Tips For New Bloggers post (which is equally as useful for people who aren’t new to blogging).
6 – Choose one: you get to bring one of your favorite characters into the real world OR you get to live in one of your favorite books.
THIS IS AN IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE!!!
I think I’ll choose to live in one of my favourite books though, and I will choose the Vampirates series by Justin Somper. That way, I get to live the life of a vampire or a pirate (or a vampirate), PLUS one of my favourite characters (Lorcan Furey) is in the book… You get the best of both worlds (*cue Hannah Montana singing*)
7 – What are two of your favorite tropes?
I don’t think I really have specific tropes that I’m drawn to, but I do LOVE an unreliable narrator (especially in thrillers), and if it’s done well I do enjoy a love triangle situation (example of a brilliant love triangle is in Josie Jaffrey’s May Day).
8 – Do you have any auto-buy authors?
I actually have a few!
- Steve Cavanagh
- WD Jackson-Smart
- Caroline Scott
- Kia Abdullah
- Karen M. McManus
9 – If a fiction story were written about you, what genre would you want it to be and what would be the title?
This is a great question, but I honestly have no idea! I’d kind of like to be the main character in a good thriller or horror (as long as I was the last one standing, survivor character of the story that is), but I don’t know what the title would be.
10 – What are two five star (or new favorite if you don’t do stars) predictions you want to read soon?
- The Wolf Den by Elodie Harper
- Viper by Bex Hogan
11 – What is your favorite non-fiction book?
Non-fiction is a genre I want to read more of. True crime, art, science, and history in particular, as I have always had a huge interest in these subjects and actually own a lot of non-fiction books on those 4 things. My favourite that I have read so far would probably be Living With Vincent Van Gogh by Martin Bailey. As most of you know, Van Gogh is a hero of mine, and this book was so informative and honest about aspects of his life that don’t really get taught. One of my first reviews on my blog, and my VERY FIRST NetGalley review was actually for this book!
- What has been your favourite book of 2022 so far?
- Which books are you most looking forward to reading this year?
- If you could choose 5 famous/infamous people (dead or alive) to question, who would you choose?
- Name a book/series you think deserves more love.
- Hardback, paperback, e-book, or audiobook?
- Are there any genres that you’re just not interested in? If yes, which are they, and why?
- Do you have any books that you’ve read that were totally out of your comfort zone, but you ended up absolutely loving?
- What are 3 of your posts that you’re particularly proud of? (please include links!)
- What are your favourite books from your childhood?
- What got you in to reading?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Cozy With Books
- The Book Dutchesses
- And On She Reads
- Rutherford Reads
- Series Book Lover
- Books Are 42
- Gina Rae Mitchell
- Mani’s Book Corner
Disclaimer: My posts often include affiliate links, which means that I receive a small commission for any purchase made through my links, but with no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting me and my blog.